Recently, Salesforce has given the ability to change to Lightening experience from Classic for those who had not done it before. This ‘Turn on Lightning Experience‘ is a crucial update that was done continuously over a period. Even though Salesforce has no force to mandatorily switch from Classic to lightening, the upcoming update news and no support to Classic make it beneficial for organizations to make so. Being a leading CRM tool for various leading and enthusiastic businesses, Salesforce has given this latest option for firms to start using the advanced option. Are you among such businesses that are still using the Classic and want to know about changing the UI from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience? Keep reading below to know more.
How to Change the UI from Lightning Experience to Salesforce Classic:
It can be achieved via two simple steps:
• You will find the option to switch from Classic to Lightning on the top-right side of the screen below the user’s profile menu.
• Click the option – Switch to Salesforce Classic.
It is key to note that users who are still using Classic will be switched to Lightning once they log in every week unless the users have not set it in the user profile settings. Once the lightning experience is selected for your company, all the users with permissions will get the option to switch between Salesforce Classic and Lightning. Salesforce is encouraging users to switch to Lightning to gain the benefits of the latest innovations.
How can you default the UI to Salesforce Lightning?
Go to Setup in Lightning, use the Quick find option to enter Lightning, and choose Lightning experience transition guide. If you are using the Salesforce Classic, check the top of the menu to find the Lightning experience transition guide. Follow the below steps:
• Choose the Roll Out phase and click the Launch Lightning Experience option for increasing the page.
• Select the option of Switch Users, which is available next to Make Lightning Experience, the default interface.
• Next, you can see which all users have the permissions for switching the experience. Some users may be using the Lightning experience by default; others may not have the user permissions to switch to the Lightning Experience.
• Next, choose the users you want to alter the permissions by selecting the Switch Users to Lightning Experience tool and saving it. This tool cant is employed to change the user’s default UI back to Classic experience, but the users will have the option to switch from their profile.
Why should companies switch to Salesforce Lightning?
• While the option to select Salesforce lightning has not been made mandatory, you may be thinking about the need to do so. There are several exclusive benefits to choosing the Lightning option. Since Salesforce is only giving new features to Lightning, staying in Classic may limit the ability to use all these exclusive advanced features in the coming days.
• The latest update that is offering “Switching from Classic to Lightning experience” is giving a chance for classic users who are still using them. There have been no new updates to Classic, making it important for users to switch smoothly until it becomes forcible to migrate. It would be easy to complete the transition when you have the time to choose the option and set your options as your timeframe.
• Salesforce Lightning UI offers several customized options for developers with minimal code framework design. The experience is highly superior to Classic with the advanced UI elements and useful features.
• Salesforce lightning experience has more secured aspects when compared to the Classic experience.
• Users will not be allowed to upgrade their assurance levels with the permissions working in an impactful and effective manner. Users have to log out from the platform and sign in again with upgraded assurance levels to achieve this. There is a functionality termed Locker Service that segregates the Lightning elements for smooth interactions with each other.
• There is a guided option for users in Salesforce lightning to traverse via every stage in their business process by offering appropriate aid at every level. Several options like shifting the records from one level to another, tracking the leads, etc., will be present with guiding prompts at every stage for helping the user in optimal directions.
Can you switch to Salesforce lightning by yourself?
Since there are several benefits of using Salesforce lightning, it is ideal for switching now. You may miss the chance to employ all the latest updates if you still stick to the Classic platform. Several updated functionalities are not supported in Salesforce Classic and are only available in the Lightning Experience. While it is possible to move to Lightning by yourself, there may be some challenges, especially if you have included custom objects.
You will have to perform profound research to retain all your important customizations to arrive at solving your organization’s needs with the latest experience. Otherwise, you may experience redundant fields and features that may lead to issues with the system performance. You may have to be sure about the required data before you start the process of switching by recognizing the unused fields, processes, or components. Ensure that your Salesforce is ready to be scaled in the future and constantly adjust to the new changes by Salesforce.
To wrap up:
Individuals will indeed find it tough to adapt to the new changes making it a bit longer for the complete team to understand the importance of switching to the new user interface of Lightning. Salesforce lightning has several tools for improvement in business processes and user needs; it is necessary to press the change. The launch is encouraging, and there are expectations with Salesforce lightning to rollout advanced features in every update. Salesforce experts like Adaptid can ease the changeover and reduce the overall costs via the exclusive Lightning libraries and proven approaches.