Salesforce AppExchange is the cloud computing store of Salesforce that is employed by developers to sell the apps which they have developed on the Salesforce platform. As we all know, the main intention of Salesforce to come up with AppExchange is to offer comprehensive and all-in-one solutions ranging from both full-scale skilled automation apps to point solutions aiding them to attain assessable business motives within the cloud. Several developers have developed different types of custom apps in salesforce with different motives including apps to upload packages on App exchange. Custom apps offer custom settings for every field, variable, or object that can be employed frequently. Keep reading below to know more about the AppExchange package and custom lists.
What is an AppExchange package?
- AppExchange package is a container that can be employed for both minima, precise component and also for a huge set of relative apps present in Salesforce Lightning and some organs of Classic. It offers enterprises a chance to develop package employing the latest technologies and use it across the firms and users. AppExchange package comes in different editions namely Enterprise, Professional, Group, Performance, Developer, and Unlimited Editions.
- A package is made up of some key elements that classify items, with custom fields. With the blend of several components together in a package, there is a possibility of designing highly beneficial apps. Components consist of features that form a field on various components. Developers are employing the benefit of packages to develop several kinds of custom apps.
- Briefly, there are two types of packages namely managed and unmanaged. Salesforce-managed packages are developed by Salesforce partners for allocating and trading apps to the clients. Salesforce unmanaged packages are used to produce open-source projects or app templates that developers can use for building their apps.
- There are some key differences between the two models namely in a managed model, there is the possibility of upgrading the package with the availability of newer versions, but in the unmanaged model, there is the only possibility of editing components but can’t upgrade them. With the release of any newer versions, you have to reinstall which may lead to issues if you have preserved any important information.
About Custom settings:
Custom settings are like custom objects that aid the developers to build custom data sets. They can link the custom data for a company, individual user, or profile. Every data in the custom settings is exposed in the cache of the app letting easy access negating the waste of time and money for constant database queries. Various attributes can make use of this data as it will not occupy the salesforce data storage and stored in the cache of the app.
Categories of custom settings:
1. List Custom Setting:
This type offers a static data set that can be recurrently used and accessed throughout the company. In the case of a company using some kind of data frequently inside the app, placing the same data set in a list custom setting will ease the access to authorized members. Data in the list custom settings will not differ with individual users or profiles but is accessible throughout the organization. Custom list view offers you get a filtered view of your data set. The list view can be customized to see only certain kinds of information about an account, contact, lead, dashboard, and many more.
2. Hierarchy Custom Settings
It employs an incorporated classified logic that allows you to customize the settings for a precise user or profile. The hierarchy logic has a check on the company, user/profile settings for the existing user and gives back the most precise value. You can ensure accurate data at every stage without the need to hardcoding the values.
Is it possible for an AppExchange package to create a custom list of custom fields?
- Are you looking to develop a custom list of custom fields in the AppExchange package? Enhanced files list components present on the app or home page will let you perform this. Even the Custom content type of field can be displayed with the option of selection. Generally, users were spending loads of time indulged with big lists of data but Salesforce has the data sets dispersed throughout the app. Reliant on the user process, it can lead to unwanted clicks of delay in loading of pages. The List view feature will aid in unnecessary clicks by the user when they are traversing from one object list view to another. All AppExchange custom list views for all custom fields are shown appropriately in one place.
- CMTD (Custom Metadata Type Drive) Enhanced Related List is a Lightning Component that offers enhanced aspects to show the linked list records in the App. Further, it aids several business requirements including sorts, filter, displayable field, and overall experience by using this list to manage the custom list of custom fields. To start developing the records admin requires to know the API names of the precise fields. As the records for CMT are created, just drag and drop the List component in the App builder and innovate to develop a proper design.
- Custom Apps employ the custom setting for the specific field that is created. It can be placed by developing any other variable and employ it to store the complete configurations as records. The key issue will be users not having accessibility to the fields and going through a tedious process for finding any specific field. Hence custom setting especially with a custom list is a savior in resolving the issues.
If you associate with a Salesforce expert like Adapt Id, then you can customize the settings as per your needs. We hold expertise in building your app in Salesforce App Exchange and clear the security review. The team will guide you accurately as we have the experience of aiding many customers to publish their apps successfully in the AppExchange and solve any Salesforce-related queries.